Friday, February 1, 2008

What would YOU do?

Suppose one morning you get up and go to your yoga class like usual. Class goes normally and although your teacher seems a little bit out of it, overall, nothing is really different. You work through some challenging balance sequences, then through some deep stretches and finish with the favorite pose: savasana, or corpse pose. As you lie there, you suddenly realize the time has stretched a little longer than usual, but then your teacher instructs you to turn onto your side in the fetal position like usual. You lie there, relaxed, enjoying the feel of it, the quietness. Suddenly, it comes to your attention that you've been lying there an abnormally long time. You look up at your teacher- and she's asleep!

What do you do?

Option 1) Wake her up and finish class on time.

Option 2) Wait and hope she wakes up on her own.

Option 3) Finish as you normally would without disturbing her and leave class quietly so she can continue her obviously needed slumber.

My class chose Option 3. My boss came in 15 minutes after class was supposed to end and woke me up- at which point I just started laughing. I still can't believe I fell asleep while teaching!

2 comments:

Pattie said...

I hope you had a nice nap... Whats up with naked buns photo????

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. Dave and I laughed so hard. I think I need to be in that class. Obviously there is a lot of really good relaxing going on! :)