Sunday, February 3, 2008

I Get It

Thanks to a couple of lurkers, I now know that I am an "idiot" for posting a googled image. Thank you so kindly for insulting me on my blog. I just want you to know that I get it. Thank you for reiterating what that picture so clearly told me. One comment was a well-earned warning, one was just downright rude.

So let this be a warning to anyone else out there who made the mistake I did in assuming you can use google images on your blog-

1) You can get creepy pictures up replacing a picture owned by someone else,
2) You can get fined thousands of dollars for using an unlicensed picture,
3) You can get called names by people who already knew this.

Further, the fact that I had lurkers commenting also turned me onto the fact that I have more people reading this blog than I realized. Just that knowledge alone will make me "straighten up and fly right". So my apologies for my "idiocy".

EDIT: I want to add that I do feel entirely stupid and creepy and sick inside for posting a personal picture belonging to someone else. It was only supposed to illustrate a funny story. I'm profusely sorry for my mistake. Trust me, it won't happen again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH! I think I have one on mine! I guess I'd better take it off, huh? So, what did they say to you exactly? It is nice though that people are checking out your blog. :)

Robyn said...

Hi there, I just wanted to pop in and say that I read your comment and apologies on my friend's website, and to thank you for being brave and "outing" yourself. I know emotions run high about these things simply because there are genuine creepy people (I have a message board friend who had a person make up an imaginary life including my friend's child - yuck) on the internet and it does feel kind of risky to have your kids' photos out there. Anyway, I hope you aren't too battered from all the comments. Take care :)

Jen said...

If you're sorry, then so am I. So, sorry for being a mean old troll. The attitude in the post below was what really bothered me, and I'm glad that you've come to understand WHY this is a big deal.

Jill said...

Totally lost??? Sorry people were jerky to you though, and good to know not to post google images.