Friday, February 15, 2008

my word

I've decided to choose a word to focus my life on this year. I'm inspired by {A}, whose word for 2008 is {vitality}. I'm having a hard time not stealing her word, because it is really quite perfect. However, I did decide on a different word for myself- somewhat of a synonym, but encompasses so many meanings that I need to focus on.

So, my word for 2008 is

{live}

live [liv] verb, living:

1) to direct or regulate one's life
2) to experience or enjoy life to the fullest
3) to practice, represent, or exhibit in one's life: to live one's philosophy

live [lahyv] adjective,

1) full of life, energy or activity
2) having resilience or bounce
3) being in play, as a football or baseball
4) vivid or bright


This is how I want to live my life this year- that being the key phrase: to live my life. I want my life to be an active thing, a time for growing and learning and progressing. I want vibrance. I want to enjoy life. I want to live my principles. I have so many theories and soapboxes, but upon that closer examination, do I truly live the things I believe? The heroes I hold on their pedestals: would they be honored by my actions or disappointed?


I'm so tired of being tired. I want so much to attain what every true yogi does: to live in the present moment. I live so much in my mind that it seems life just slides by and at the end of the day, I can't really account for my time. I want to be accountable. I want to know where I spend my energy. I want to be able to show what my priorities are through the way I spend my day and organize my life. I want to organize this life I've been given- to live it!



Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.
-Benjamin Franklin



4 comments:

Pattie said...

You are so inspiring..i should think of a inspiring word for the the year maybe peace.. Thanks for coming over the other day lets have a play date.

Jill said...

Very inspiring. My word for the year would be hmm... grateful.

Anonymous said...

That's a great word. I think I'll pick one. I'm not as brave as you though; my word will probably be something like . . . organized . . . :)

Dave said...

Living is overrated.

"Death is the only true adventure"
Hook