Thursday, October 4, 2007

My ********** Streak...

So I got pulled over tonight for ********. I'm afraid that if I actually say the word, my winning streak will be over. Yes, I've been pulled over multiple times for ********, yet somehow I always escape ticketless. My record is as clean as a whistle. I'm pretty sure that as time goes on, that's working in my favor. However, I'm getting careless.

The funny thing about tonight is that I pulled over before I got pulled over. Meaning I was pulling onto the shoulder to turn onto my street and the officer turned on his lights as he followed me around the corner. I think he thought I saw him and knew why I was in trouble, but the truth was, I was on auto-pilot. My mind was nowhere near the speedometer. Apparently, I was going 10 ***** over the *****limit. I had no idea. All I was thinking about was getting home to my procrastinated projects-- and more importantly, bed.

Lucky for me, he was a really nice guy and informed me before he ran my license and registration that he wasn't going to ticket me. I don't know what it is about me. Of course, I'm always really calm, and I'm always ready to submit if I know I'm in the wrong. Scared, because no one wants a ticket (especially when contemplating telling the husband, "Oh yeah, hon, I got the dog food. Oh, and by the way, igotaticket.... Night!") But really, I usually know I deserve it and I can accept the consequences. I mean, there's nothing I hate worse than an unjust ticket, which I'll fight tooth and nail (Derek got one of those when he was interviewing here in Missouri, ironically. I'm still t.o.'d about that. ---aside: I'm bringing t.o.'d back. I mean, really, why did that ever go out of style? End of aside.). But I'm also a huge fan of justice in general, even when the ruling goes against me. So I think that honestly might be working in my favor... Course, then again, I might just be crazy.

Hooray for justice and nice cops!

8 comments:

Pattie said...

I love your new header and the pictures are adorable. You are one lucky gal not to get a ticket..

Shuldberg said...

wow...so lucky. I've never been pulled over for ******** (couldn't hurt) YET.
Your header is way awesome...I need to figure this stuff out!! Also, any way to make blogging screen wider--know what I mean?

Andrea said...

Wow! What a record! I've been pulled over twice for speeding, and been ticketed once, so you're far ahead of the game. That or the cops all think you're hotter than me. :) j/k.

The Posse said...

k, my header... since I am kind of a joke when it comes to these programs and my header is HEEEEGE it's because I ripped it off of something I made on scrapblog.com. Go to their site, make your page, save it and download it to your computer. Then go into edit your header and add the image you saved. Voila! Beautiful HEEEGE header. If you can find a different site/program that helps you adjust the size of the lovely creation, point me to it.

Unknown said...

Same thing here! I've yet to get a ticket for my mindless ways. Except, last time I got pulled over was on LaHarpe because I passed on the right. The cop told me that's illegal in Missouri. When I asked him where to look it up, he backed out of giving me a ticket. Turns out it's perfectly legal.

I also love your new look. And your playlist!

The Wilkins' said...

Looks great Tasheena! You're so lucky you didn't get a ticket! By the way - love the "T.O.-ed" comment. I love that when I read your writing I can totally "hear" you saying it! :)

Melody said...

Hey, nice new header... I took too long huh?? Sorry...
Glad you didn't get a ticket. You just have one of those "I can get away with just about anything" faces. :)

DeGooyer Family said...

You really are VERY lucky. Missouir is known for "no mercy cops". Brett has had 4, yes, 4!!! tickets here, and one warning. He was REALLY lucky on that one...