Friday, October 26, 2007

Foux da fa fa



Translation:
"I would like a croissant. Pleased to meet you. Where is the library? Here is my passport. Ah, Gerard Depardieu. Baguette. *laughs*"
"Baguette, *laughs*"
"And now the trip to the supermarket! Grapefruit! Pineapple! Orange Juice! Beef! Soup of the Day! Camembert! Jacque Cousteau, baguette"
"Hello"
"Hello"
"Hello"
"Hello Sir"
"Hello my little bureau de change"
"Alright?"
"I'm alright, alright?"
"I'm alright"
"Voila, the conversation in the park"
"Where is the book?"
"At the library"
"And the dance music?"
"At the disco"
"And the disco?"
"It's here, baby!"
"One, two, one two three four"
"Where is the pool?"
"Pardon me?"
"Where is the pool?"
"Huh?"
"Splish splash!"
"Uhhh... I don't understand."
"Do you speak French?"
"Uhhh..."
"Do you speak French?"
"Uhhh.... No."

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Ha ha! Thanks for posting this. I loved it. It reminds me of a French movie I watched once at BYU called Les Parapluies des Cherbourg (The Umbrellas of Cherbourg). It was a french 60's musical. I'm guessing it helped inspire this masterpiece. This is so funny! I want Bobby to get off the phone so he can come an watch it with me.

Shuldberg said...

I couldn't understand much of it at all, but very much enjoyed it!

Shuldberg said...

Thanks for the words, hilarious! Funny how it seems you can get away with what you learned in highschool--for a while anyway. :)
That would totally be me, only in spanish!

Melody said...

I love this one! This reminds me of a time I went to the foreign film night at BYU too. I can't remember the name of the crazy French film I saw, but the super sexy artist guy I was on a first date with dressed in a black and white stretchy shirt and gave me a rose and wore a beret. I was so dazzled I thought it was love at first date. I was on cloud nine for weeks. He didn't speak french either. :)