Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Avril's 3rd Birthday.... (oh, the shame!)

the Birthday Princess

Yes, the shame. No, it was a darling party--- the shame is that it happened mid-July! So long ago I'll have to look up the date. I think it was the 12th or the 13th. I'm going with the 12th. Even so, it was a super fun party. We had it a little early (her birthday wasn't actually until August 4th) because all her little friends were going to be leaving since most of their daddy's were going out to their rotation sites the next week. In any case, we had a blast celebrating, despite the wicked weather (we were supposed to go to the wading pools, but it was rainy and slightly scary that day, so we just had it at our house).
Melody came over that morning and did a great job on Avril's cake. She mocked me for having a black cake for my three year old daughter, but I had the last laugh--- it looked wonderful and it was a perfect little butterfly! Anyway, here is a little slideshow of the party (and for those of you who came, thanks so much-- Avril had a blast and we miss all you who moved. Though I will take the opportunity here to rub it in your face that we still have cool people who stuck around PLUS new people who have, surprisingly, also turned out to be cool. So maybe you won't be missed as much as you hope.) (Ok, I'm only talking parenthetically now, but really that was just my angry, passive-aggressive jab at you people who moved. Yes, I admit it. I miss you terribly!)

5 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

Sweet photos - your girls are adorable - and I love the first one of you and Zandria.

Unknown said...

AWESOME! That cake was perfect. I'm glad Avril had a great 3rd birthday party! She looks so pretty in those pictures.

Katherine said...

It was a great birthday party! The cake was AWESOME. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I loved it. You crack me up. We really do need to hang out.

Ashley said...

So I'm looking along at the pictures and all of a sudden, there's Abbey! It totally startled me, did I completely forget this party? Ha ha, until I remembered Mel had her that day. Cute birthday, even cuter birthday girl.

Melody said...

what a cute slide show!! How did I miss this before!
So cute!