Thursday, August 9, 2007

Anecdotes

So my family cracks me up.

This morning Avril comes into our room holding a framed picture of Jesus surrounded by some children under her arm.

"Mommy, Jesus is sad and so I have to make him happy. So I'm going to get him toys. I need to got to Wal-mart to get Jesus toys to make him happy, ok? So I need you to get me a car so I can go to Wal-mart and get some toys for Jesus because he is sad and I need to make him happy."

I told her to tell Derek her idea. She repeats herself to him. Now we're both trying not to laugh, and she is completely oblivious. She is very serious about her quest. But I suppose if she gave Jesus some toys, that probably would make Him happy. I can't say the same for me, but I think He'd appreciate it from her.

Anecdote #2:
We're sitting in the kitchen eating lunch. Derek says this to Xandri, "Hey there... do you want a bolus?"

Bolus: n. a soft, roundish mass or lump, esp. of chewed food.

A bolus?! What are you, a med student? Or better yet, a mother bird? A wolf even?

Yes, the man then proceeded to offer her his chewed up sandwich, which she polished up with satisfaction. This is the man I married. He feeds my child chewed up food. And terms it "bolus".

2 comments:

Melody said...

Ha ha, that's gross and awesome. Only a med student! And, lucky Jesus to have such a sweet caring little friend.

Jessica said...

That cracks me up! I especially like the fact that the sad Jesus picture was one surrounded by kids. So funny.