Thursday, July 5, 2007

Overused Punctuation!!!

I was looking at my blog titles! I use way too many exclamation points! I feel like everything I said yesterday I shouted! Maybe I just need to have a screaming contest with Avril! Get it out of my system! At least I'm not only speaking in "?"s!

Meanwhile, I thought it appropriate to include a bit of the script (since I couldn't find the video clip) of Seinfeld's Season 5: The Sniffing Accountant. Enjoy. (I did.)

Jake: What is it?

Elaine: It's nothing.

Jake: Tell me.

Elaine: Well, I was just curious why you didn't use an exclamation point?

Jake: What are you talking about?

Elaine: See, right here you wrote "Myra had the baby", but you didn't use an exclamation point.

Jake: So?

Elaine: So, it's nothing. Forget it, forget it, I just find it curious.

Jake: What's so curious about it?

Elaine: Well, I mean if one of your close friends had a baby and I left you a message about it, I would use an exclamation point.

Jake: Well, maybe I don't use my exclamation points as haphazardly as you do.

Elaine: You don't think that someone having a baby warrants an exclamation point.

Jake: Hey, I just chalked down the message. I didn't know I was required to capture the mood of each caller.

Elaine: I just thought you would be a little more excited about a friend of mine having a baby.

Jake: Ok, I'm excited. I just don't happen to like exclamation points.

Elaine: Well, you know Jake, you should learn to use them. Like the way I'm talking right now, I would put an exclamation points at the end of all these sentences! On this one! And on that one!

Jake: Well, you can put one on this one: I'm leaving!

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Ha ha! This is hilarious. I, too, am way too haphazard with exclamation points.

Wilsons said...

I love how they can make something so stupid sound funny! Exclamation required!

Ashley said...

I love that Seinfeld part. I'm too haphazard with, oh what do you call them? These: ...