Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My Marathon is Almost at an End

Ok, I've never actually run a marathon, but in my mind it compares to this quite easily. Derek has been gone for 5 1/2 weeks. He flies into Columbia Friday night at 10:30pm... it can't come soon enough! It's gone by pretty fast, actually, but it's also been the longest six weeks of my life-- depending on which day it is and my frame of mind. Boy, do I miss that boy! I'm so grateful for the wonderful family and friends that I have had out here to support me.

Thanks to Camas my cousin for coming out to little K-ville from the Big Apple and spending who-knows-how-much time traveling for a weekend. Thanks to my mother-in-law Zan for coming out for a week to play with me and my girls, to paint Avril's room and to otherwise keep my mind off of my missing husband, my problems and my guilt (refer to Jayne's post on the subject...). Thanks to great friends like Brenda, Melody, Tara and many others who kept me occupied and shared their concern and time with me.

You all offered so much... but no one could give me the one thing I needed most: my wonderful husband! Thanks anyway; it's the thought that counts.

1 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

Yeah!! I'm so happy for you to have your hubby back tomorrow. Have a wonderful weekend together!