Thursday, April 19, 2007

Guess what I did two nights ago....

Yes, I am 23. Yes, I spent an hour in the early morning TP'ing friends' houses.

So the story is something along the lines of late night movie night girls talking too much. I don't know how we got on the subject, but it came out that I'd never TP'd anyone's house. One girl then and there insisted that my life would not be complete, nor would I be allowed to leave Kirksville until we had performed this heinous act. Now, naturally, I'm all about heinous acts of this kind. The date was set a fortnight hence.

Movie night Wednesday began as usual. We sat around and talked about nothing in particular for about an hour. The conversation seemed a little forced--- could it be our anticipation of the dirty deed we were about to perform? Eventually we began our movie. Two hours later, at the young hour of 1 am, we began to prepare. Two of us brought out ridiculously large bags of toilet paper. We all put on our dark clothing and trooped out the door into the warmth of the night.

Perhaps I should add for purposes of background into the cruelty of our devious plan that the for the second year med students, the most important test they would take in pathology was scheduled to take place the following morning. Or something. Either way, it was half their grade.

Our targets included (in chronological order) the Cutlers (Debbie had been at movie night and offered her own house as a sacrifice); the Roos' (Tobey had been subject to several TP threats--- shall we call them warnings?--- should she fail to appear at movie night; the Aanderud's (as I mentioned, they had run out of toilet paper. Well, actually, I just didn't know who else could take it in such great humor); and the Sessions (apparently, last year's movie nights were full of late night stories concerning certain renegade acts of various second years. Jill's were supposedly the most memorable).

Now, I will say that we made pretty poor work of our first two: the Cutlers, being my first target ever, we left quickly after a loose roll thrown over the roof crashed rather loudly. The Roos' have 1 thing to toilet paper: the mailbox. No trees, no porch, no shrubberies. Needless to say, most of it probably blew away by morning.

However, the Aanderud's (pictured here), was our masterpiece. As I said, 18 glorious rolls were used and you can see from the photos what a labor of love it was. I tried to make my contributions as much of an artistic statement as can be achieved with toilet paper. In any case, it was a beautiful job if I say so myself.

The Sessions was a work in efficiency. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture, but there's was very well done given the amount of toilet paper left available to us at the end of a toilet paper night. Let me just say there's nothing quite like a motion-sensor light to send night-loving hooligans into a panic.

2 comments:

Melody said...

ha ha ha, so eloquently described. It was a masterpiece.

Jill said...

My renegade acts are well know :) Lovely job on the TPing.