Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Circle of Life According to Xandri

A while ago we were driving past the Valley of the Temples memorial park, home to the Byodo-in Buddhist temple and a large cemetery. Derek and I were talking about something until I overheard the conversation going on behind us as Xandri explained to Roman what a cemetery is.

X: "That's where people go and die. And then the people that love them and miss them go and put flowers on them to show them."

R: "Who killed them?"

X: "I don't know. Some of them just grew and got too big and explode and die."

Me: "Wait, what happens Xandri?"

X: "They get old and lose their minds and grow and get too big and go to the top of the tallest tree in the world and explode and die!"

Dad: "Is that what's gonna happen to you?"

X: "No, first you, then Mom, then Trin, the Avril, then me, then Roman, then Max."

A: "Max is immortal!"

So. I suppose that makes the most sense. Although does that mean that the larger you are, the older you are? I'll have to ask her.

1 comments:

Camas said...

This is so funny. I wonder why she thinks old age and subsequently dying includes the stage of exploding.