Thursday, July 19, 2012

Leggy Pepper

WARNING: THIS POST NOT INTENDED FOR THE SQUEAMISH
This morning at breakfast we were all eating our eggs when Roman asks, "Mom, what is this black thing?"

I glanced over between Max's bites and said, "It's pepper, Roman, you always have pepper in your food. It's fine."

"But Mom, it has legs. I don't like pepper with legs."

"What? Pepper goes on eggs, Roman, it's fine."

"Mom, we don't eat pepper with legs."

Finally convinced this might not be pepper on mispronounced eggs, I inspected the proffered fork and egg. 

Sure enough, his "pepper" had legs. A little roach had somehow found it's way into the pan. I still don't know how and I'm quite traumatized.

I'd post a picture, but I'm still trying to hold down what I hope is legless eggs. We all left off the eggs and moved onto better things. Legless Poptarts. 

I need me some Orkin!

2 comments:

Camas said...

Eeek! Where are the BYU guys selling pest control when you need them?

Amy Jenks said...

Ewwww...I hope you didn't eat any leggy pepper as well. :P Ick!
I'm sure this story will be funny after a while...maybe...