Sunday, March 4, 2012

Daddy Feeds The Baby.... and Other Stories


For a committed breastfeeding mom, solid food is somewhat of a relief. Particularly when The Baby is also a Boob Snob and turns his nose up at bottles of any kind. This boy is far too discriminating to accept anything less than The Real Thing. Why take a rubber nipple when if you scream long enough you can get the real deal? 

On the other hand, he has now happily accepted a sippy cup. Apparently, as long as you're not trying to trick him into an inferior substitute and simply giving him an alternative thirst quencher, that's permissible. 

Anyway, Derek has been spearheading the whole solids thing. It's SO nice to not be the only food source for this little ball and chain. I mean, of course the greedy mommy part of me comes out sometimes and I miss being his sole support... but mostly I enjoy the increased independence for both of us.

 Max has been super interested in People Food in general lately, he always wants to get his hands on whatever we're eating. I was snarling some BBQ potato chips the other day and he kept going for 'em, trying to grab my hand and pull it to his mouth. I had to fight the little gremlin off! But I let him lick my fingers clean after. He loved that. 

So far:

~Rice cereal- check
~Oatmeal cereal- check
~Applesauce- check
~Carrots- check
~Graham crackers- check
~Bananas- gag
~Peas- check

We'll revisit those bananas later. Peaches next I think. 

Meanwhile, other milestones:

~Rolls over both ways~
~Pushes himself up to sitting~
~Grabs hair to pull faces in for slobbery open-mouth kisses~
~Has siblings wrapped around his little finger~


~Adept at clinging to/clawing any exposed neck skin~
~Sleeps 10-12 hours every night~
~Able to communicate with/like yowling tomcats~
~Blows spit bubbles~
~EVERYTHING goes in the mouth- everything~


~Knows his momma-- and how to sucker her~
~Hand stands- but not the kind you're thinking~
~Rocks on hands and knees/feet~
~About this close to crawling any day now~
~Bouncing in his Johnny Jumper~


~Giggles uncontrollably when getting belly zerbets~

Speaking of his belly, I've recently become concerned about his lack of a shell. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it so much, I suppose my other kids have survived so far without one. But his soft little underbelly just seems so unprotected. And delicious. 

If I were a predator, I would be all over that. 
I'm just sayin'. 

3 comments:

Amy Jenks said...

It's amazing how much I can relate to everything you just put down...except Max liking people food. Landon hates people food. Ugh. I love the term 'boob snob.' :) I still have my cute little ball and chain. Be seeing you soon!

Breta said...

What a cute litte booger.

Camas said...

Love the update & photos. Post more photos!