Monday, September 17, 2007

Avril's First Day of School- September 4th

Ok, it was really the second. I didn't take pictures on the first day. But don't tell anyone, it's our little secret.

She was so cute, but definitely a little nervous. The night before she told me, "Mommy, the kids will be naughty to me."
-"Naughty to you? No, I don't think they will..."
-"Yes, they'll be naughty to me and the teachers will be naughty."
-"No, I think they'll be nice. I think the teachers will help all the kids be nice to you, too. Do you want to ride on your little school bus?"
-"Yeah! And it's a little tiny school bus, and you can't get on it, cause you're too big, Mommy."
-"Are you going to study at school?"
-"Yeah! I'm gonna study and the other kids will bother me while I'm studying." (throwback from Daddy's studying habits...?)
-"Well, you just tell them not to bother you while you're
studying."

Next morning, we got up early and got all dressed and ready. She didn't want to eat her breakfast and insisted that she would have breakfast at school (I wasn't sure, but I knew they'd have snacks/lunch at some point). So I let her skip. I was debating whether or not to take her to school or just put her on the bus and wanting more and more to just take her. But the bus showed up and they whisked her onto it and she was off to get buckled into their crazy harness system. Her last words before they left were, "See you later, Mommy. Don't worry, I'll be back in a little while." What a sweetheart.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at her sweet little braid. She is an adorable little schoolbie. I love how she could tell you needed reassurance! :)

Bobby said...

Cute! Franny's first day of school pictures weren't taken on her first day either. :)

Avril looks so cute at school. I'm glad she's enjoying it so much. I gather from the pictures that she's been getting up on the right side of the bed everyday and not having to deal with that mean gorilla teacher from the library book. ;)