Monday, October 31, 2011

Heather's Zombie Bachelorette Party

My friend Heather is getting married and she asked me to be her maid of honor (Hawai'i version anyway). I was so flattered that she asked me and so excited for her, but also a little intimidated since all of my knowledge of maid of honor duties actually comes from the movies. When you're LDS and get married in the temple, you have little use for such, um, "positions", although many people still have those "positions" I guess at their receptions/celebrations afterward. 

So. One thing I did know was bachelorette party. Also gleaned from movies. So since I didn't think Heather would actually want/enjoy that kind of bachelorette party, I went out on a limb and went a little more creative. 

Like zombie creative. She & her fiance have a thing for zombies and she & I love dressing up and Halloween was shortly before her wedding... well, it just made the most sense of course.

So we dressed up. Went for more sexy zombie than gross zombie, though.


Zombies also need snacks while they're dressing to go out on the town, so everyone brought potluck body parts. I brought the brain and the eyeballs.


We also had mice, fingers and other eyeballs.


I'm the type of zombie who's not necessarily wanting to share germs with the other zombies, so rather than diving in face first I hacked that brain with a knife. 


The appetizers weren't quite enough though. We were all still a bit hungry.


The Bride and her Bridesmaids.





After dressing all up we obviously had to go out and be seen. Unfortunately the costume party I'd been aiming for was earlier than we could make it. So we wandered lamely around Waikiki looking for something to do. We landed at some club with a costume party and a couple of us (Heather & me. And later Diane) got up and danced for a while. It was pretty fun. We agreed that we'd have to go out dancing again another time. 

In retrospect I wish I'd planned something else fun for the after dress-up party. Like a photo scavenger hunt or something. That would have been fun and cool and could have started and ended whenever. Ah well. Next time, eh? The dressing up was the best part of the night, though, and super fun.

Congrats Heather! I love you, babe!

0 comments: