Saturday, September 10, 2011

Smoothie Mishap

I decided to try a new smoothie recipe. Ginger chocolate pear smoothie sounds yum, right? Well, Roman was my helper and was excited to have the smoothie with me. So we were working on it. 

And then I opened it to taste it. Huh, not so yum. So I stepped away for... I don't even remember. 

Because that was when the blender got turned back on. And the lid wasn't on. 

I scrambled to turn it off as quickly as possible, but the damage was done. 




In addition to smoothie all over that half of the kitchen, Roman was pretty well covered as well. Wish I'd gotten a pic of his hair before I cleaned him off.

I gotta say, this was one of my acting rather than reacting moments as a parents. Gut reaction was to freak out  in agitation. But instead I paused and just looked at my stunned little man. Natural consequences were all that were needed. He hadn't done it to be naughty, he was just trying to help. And he had not anticipated this as the outcome. Poor little guy burst into tears. 

"Mom, I'm all dirt!" he wailed. 

I consoled him, wiped him up, explained why it happened and we learned a life lesson about lids and blenders and not reacting to sudden giant messes that wind up taking half the morning to clean up. I love that kid. 

He recovered.

0 comments: