Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Eve

I wanted to do something fun for Christmas Eve, so for breakfast I used an idea I found in my email: Santa pancakes. I think they were a hit:



Well, after he finished his banana anyway. I actually think the kids didn't quite know what to do with them. 



That night we read the Christmas Story in Luke 2 and talked about the Savior coming to earth. Derek does such a good job teaching our kids the scriptures. He is really such a good daddy to them. 

After they went to bed (being reminded that Santa doesn't come if you're awake- and he always knows), they were sure to leave their stockings out and their shoes under the tree for the elves (a tradition carried on from Derek's family- if you leave your shoes under the Christmas tree, every night until Christmas if you were good that day you get a treat in your shoe!), Derek and I of course went to relax and let Santa do his job. 

When we finally came upstairs, we saw that he'd come and left a bounteous supply of gifts behind:



Santa knows how much we all like snacks and drinks just as much as we like presents, so he was sure to leave plenty.

And look! He left me a monofin! 


Thanks Santa! We couldn't wait till Christmas morning so the kids could see all the fun Santa had left for us.

2 comments:

Melody said...

a Monofin..No Way!!! :)
i have to remember those santa pancakes next year.
You're cool.:)

Camas said...

Santa pancakes--so cute!