Sunday, May 25, 2008

Bella

No, this isn't a post about Twilight, so get that out of your head right now.

Derek and I Redboxed the movie "Bella" last night...


Now, I'm not a person who cries easily. I go through patches where I cry at anything (usually right after I have a baby), but most of the time my eyes are dry.

This movie had me crying halfway through and kept me there until the end. It was heart-breaking and moving and touching. But most of all, it reminded me how precious my family is. How much I love my little girls, how much I love my husband. To borrow a phrase from my friend Jessica, I now know how it feels to have my heart beat outside of my chest. Without giving too much of the movie away, it reminded me how devastatingly fragile life is and how precious our connections to each other are.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Loved it too! Great Movie, great message!

Amy Jenks said...

Loved it - TEAR JERKER!!! So is P.S. I Love You and I'm not one to cry during movies especially.