Friday, April 18, 2008

I've got Good News and Bad News

Well, ok, I don't suppose it's really "news", but rather just a happy post and a depressed one. We'll start with the depressing one first so we can end on a good note.

Anyway, so what am I so depressed about? Ugh. I just finished reading all the updates in my reader. I just feel so blah right now. It seems like everyone else is doing interesting things, going interesting places, doing fun things with their kids and doing new projects.

My life is stale. Yes, stale. It seems like all I can do just to make it through the day and manage to feed the people who rely on me to eat. My house is never clean, and when I do manage to clean it, the cleanliness lasts until morning (because I clean it after the kids are in bed) if I'm lucky enough that Derek cleans up his late-night snacks. I mean, I'm not even managing the bare minimum here. Not to mention the killer headache I've had since yesterday, you know, the one that started out like a migraine and has since turned sinus headache? Yeah. Oh and this cough that Avril passed on to me and Xandri? Not pleasant. I honestly cough so hard it makes me gag. It's pretty violent.

I'm just so jealous of all of the pretty pictures people have to put up about the interesting things in their lives. Now, I usually think I'm a pretty interesting person, but lately I'm boring even myself. I feel sorry for anyone who has to hang out with me right now, I just don't have it in me!

Again, though, I think this babysitting thing is really taking it out of me. It's such a challenge to take two (or three) kids that young anywhere that I have intense cabin fever... but even if I could go somewhere, where would I go? What would I do? I'm stymied. Anywhere I'd go has to be cheap or free; it has to be kid-friendly and it has to be relatively close. HA! I live in Kirksville. And yet, a good deal of the people whose blogs I read live here, too... And you people are still depressing me! Now, now, don't apologize. Go on living your happy lives and doing your interesting things. I'll get out of my slump sooner or later (hopefully I'll get over my cold in time for my week off of sitting) and I'll join you in happy posting of interesting stuff. But until then, just know that I'm coveting the fun you're all having!

Ok. I'm done. Happy post next.