Sunday, November 11, 2007

Xandri's First Birthday

My ikkle baby turned 1 yesterday! We kept it pretty low key, we didn't do a big party or anything... honestly, I think a party would have freaked her out. As it was, we just decided to make her first birthday special in other ways.

I picked out what I figured were her favorite foods for her meals: honeycomb cereal for breakfast, swirl coffee cake for lunch (amazing), and anything with noodles for dinner (we did spaghetti). I also made some chocolate cupcakes for her dessert.

I went shopping earlier that day with Avril for her gifts and got them out to wrap. I went to get the wrapping paper, and when I got back I saw that Avril had caught onto the idea- she had gotten all of the presents out of the shopping bags and was handing them to Xandri. So I decided to forgo the wrapping. She had also received two packages earlier in the day: one from Grandpa Jackson (my dad) and one from Grandma Zan (Derek's mom). So once we had all of her gifts open, we cracked open the packages.


Grandma Zan had sent matching outfits for the girls- which Avril noticed immediately and insisted they don right then and there as she stripped down in preparation for the switch.


So after changing their clothes, we opened Grandpa Jackson's package. He sent two books and a See 'n Say (makes animal sounds), and 4 ziploc bags stuffed full of animal crackers and teddy grahams. Xandri went straight for the bags. She seized all four in her little hands and proceeded to crawl around with them, flinging them around and protecting them from the very interested puppies.


Avril was very interested in all the other things, especially the See 'n Say.

Finally, after the day was over, it wound up really being too late for cupcakes. So this morning, I sat Xandri on the counter (a usual occurrence in our house- she's a very careful baby) and turned to make some bread. When I turned back, I found her covered in crumbs from her cupcake.


She had opened the ziploc bag on her own and took matters into her own hands. Just look at that face.

My baby's one.

3 comments:

Royce said...

Awesome Tasheena Those are some great pictures of my beautiful Granddaughters. Loved it and it sounds like you had a great Bday party for her. She looked like she was having a ball. The beautiful thing about 1 it doesn't take much to help them have fun. love ya and thanks a bunch for the blog on her Bday it was great.

Breta said...

Awwwwww! So cute! I wish we lived in the same town. Or at least the same state. Sigh. Don't tell anyone, but uor-yay aughters-day are-ay y-may avorite-fay ieces-nay! Really, don't tell anyone, or I'll be in big trouble!

Melody said...

Smarty pants! her hair is really growing out! So cute!