Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I&B Adventures Continued

So Monday we basically spent the day playing at the park. We had a rockin' good time and so did the pups, running around sniffing and digging everything they could find. Apparently K-ville put in a disc golf course in the park by the Aquatic Center- super fun. Here are a few pics to document the super fun day.



And a video to document Derek's attempts to squeeze through the monkey bars. WORTH it.



Tuesday we drove to KC early and (tried to) hit a few more church sites. We headed for Adam-ondi-ahman first. Unfortunately, due to my headstrong intellectual pride, I assumed that since I'd been there once (coming from the opposite direction over three years ago) I knew how to get there. I'd seen the map, I knew there was a sign... unfortunately, that sign was AFTER you turn off onto another road, not off of highway 6, which is where we were. So, since we were also tight on time and heading to the airport, we just had to skip it. So we hit Far West instead and then continued out to Haun's Mill. NOT worth it. It was so far out off of about a billion dirt roads that it was just annoying. It looked a lot closer on the map. So much for trusting my map reading skills. We wound up getting to the airport about 45 minutes before their flight left- the ideal, but very risky time. Because what if security is busy and you have to wait in a thousand mile long line? But if not, then you get through everything and don't have to wait. Fortunately for them, the second was what happened.

Then, I was free of children and had about 5 glorious hours (maybe 4) to run errands, do shopping, grab some sushi and overall enjoy myself before I picked up my cousin from the airport. Yeah, the same one who inspired the improved hostess/guest relations. Until I took a wrong exit and wound up lost in ghetto KC for about an hour or so. Then my Costco trip took extra time because I forgot my Costco card and with everything that wound up happening, my 4-5 hours evaporated before I got to do the fun stuff. But it was fine, because when I picked her up, she treated me to dinner (I LOVE this girl!) at On The Border and then we hit up JCPenney to return something of hers.

Thanksgiving with Camas will be coming up in a week!

3 comments:

Eyezick said...

Wow, that video was amazing. Your blog is so classy, I should dress up next time I look at it.

Unknown said...

That monkey bar stunt looks absolutely agonizing! Way to go military man!!

Melody said...

No way!! Did you guys edit the video too?? I can't wait to show Paul!