Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Things My Kids Say

M: "Hey Avril, hand me that jar over there. What is that?"


A: "I don't know."

X: "Oy it could be poison. Sometimes bad people do that."

M: (laughing) "I don't think so, Xandri."

X: (with really big eyes) "No, Mom, seriously, don't laugh. It really could be poison. I think it's poison."


X (to A while driving somewhere): "Tattoos are gross. They taste like mud!"


A (said in all seriousness relieved that X's hurt isn't too bad): "At least she's not dead!"


X to D: "Daddy, do butterflies make butter?"

D: "No they don't, Xandri, cows make butter."

A few minutes later...

X: "Do butterflies make cheese?"

D: "No, cheese comes from cows, too."

X: "Do cows make everything?"

D: "No they don't Xandri."

X: "Then what do butterflies make?"

D: "Pie."


I went to quiet down a frantically whispering Avril at bedtime tonight. Apparently, Avril, who, since starting first grade, seems to have all the answers to her little sister's questions, was stumped and frustrated by several posed by Xandri tonight while in bed trying to go to sleep. The ones she asked my help with:

How do you make blood?

What's Abraham Lincoln + 100?

2 comments:

Amiee said...

lol! i cant wait to see you all!!! :)

The Negligent owner said...

That is So freaking hilarious she should do stand up. lol ;)