Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Xandri's First Day of Kindergarten!

My little girl is all geared up for school! She's been chomping at the bit to go to kindergarten, so even though it freaks me out a bit that she won't turn 5 till November and she's still in kindergarten, I think she's ready.

And quite frankly, I'm ready, too. So far I'm not the mom who cries about my babies growing up. I don't know why that is. But part of it is I'm so excited for them to learn and grow and move to the next step that I don't really think about them not BEING my babies anymore. I'm not saying that the mom's who cry aren't excited for those things, too. But maybe the excitement overcomes the nostalgia in my case. 

In any case, look at this adorable kid all dressed up in her new school clothes, ready to go knock 'em dead! She's such a sweetheart and such a firecracker all in one. I'd feel like a monster if I held her back another year from school!


And here she is posing with her new teacher, Mrs. Ma. I hope she really is ready. I'm so excited for her!

0 comments: