Saturday, May 23, 2009

Thailand: There and Back Again: Part the Second


Can I just say how much I love this guy?


These little fruit stands were all over Thailand. Absolutely amazing, delicious, fresh fruit for SO cheap! I actually lost 4 pounds while we were there, thank you fruit stands!


We rode these cute rented bikes all around these temples... It was seriously so fun. Complete with little jingle-y bells. I felt so European.



These temples were rad. This set was on our second day of temples on our way up to Chiang Mai. I wish I could remember what each were called, but we saw so many they run together in my mind!


This is where Mortal Combat was filmed... This place was amazing. The architecture is so rad and it is amazing how well it is preserved.


This is just another place in that same set of temples. It was SO hot and humid!


Derek saw this guy off the side of the road within the temple park... Of COURSE we had to go make the acquaintance! Brand new BFFs. I love all the animals in this country!



Do you see the resemblance here?
This was another temple a little later on that day. We didn't actually get to see much more than this here... it was closed.


I love these little guys. They're my favorite friends. These guys and geckos. I have an eye for geckos....


This was at the Mountain Temple, the highest temple in Thailand. To reach it, you have to climb it's 326 steps--- or just take the cable car reserved for the fat tourists.

In any case, Buddha is a VERY prominent figure in all of Thailand. There is a Buddha for every day of the week and then some. Apparently Buddha experienced all walks of life, which is why you see him as fat sometimes and skinny others.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Shelley Bowman said...

You look so beautiful... as always! Thialand what a fun adventure! I think the bikes look very European but the elephant can't fool me! Your family is so cute! I can't believe that you have 2 kids! Hope all is going well!