Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Trust the Midas Touch...

I hope I got that jingle stuck in your head.

In any case, here's a shameless plug for Midas- I am now a customer for life!

So here I am today, I walk out to take Avril to preschool (a little bit late) and she exclaims, "Mommy, our tire's flat!" We'd already had a discussion about our tire being kind of flat before when I went in to get it fixed last Friday. Unfortunately, the two places I went were backed up for an hour, so I figured I'd call and go in later. One of the two was Midas and they filled my tire for me and off I went.

I called later and they were booked for the day. "Oh well, it's been leaking since August, a couple more days won't matter," I think to myself.

Well, apparently they did, because when Avril said it was flat, it was dead flat. Like nervous-to-drive-the-5-blocks-to-Midas-flat. So quick change in plans, we're going to Midas instead of being on time for school.

We get there and I can tell all the garages are full. We go in anyway and the girl at the desk says they're not supposed to take anymore today, but she'll ask. The manager guy comes in, takes one look at me, my two kids and my pregnant belly and says they'll take care of it. I mention Avril's preschool and he offers to take us there so I can drop her off!

So after Avril gets to preschool, we go back and wait maybe 20 minutes and when they're done I walk up to pay the bill. Now, I've called in before and they said it costs like $15 for a flat repair. Well, the girl at the desk says, "There'll be no charge..."

Long story short:
I get my flat tire fixed on an extremely busy day,
my kid dropped off at preschool only a couple minutes late instead of 40,
and there's no charge!

That, my friends, is customer service.

3 comments:

Lacey Guy said...

That's a great story! You should be on a commercial for them (since you already have one under your belt!) I love good customer service stories...so rare!

Breta said...

Isaac said: "They must have known she has a blog."

I'm very impressed. Give me their number and I'll call them and tell them that they now have two lifetime customers.

Amy Jenks said...

Wow! What a GREAT experience! That is so wonderful of them. If there was a Midas here, I'd use them.