Friday, January 11, 2008

Quips... or Something

Avril's latest interesting thoughts:

1)
For Christmas, her preschool sent home a gift bag full of samplers from different companies advertising their party supplies and other things. It also included about 6 toothbrushes. Upon seeing the toothbrushes, Avril gleefully approached me with them and excitedly said, "Look Mommy! Toothbrushes! Now you can learn to control your temper!"


2) I was sitting in the kitchen feeding Xandri when Avril came in saying, "Mommy, I need to kill something!"

Ok. Alarming? Yes, this freaks me out. Allow her to continue:

"Mommy, I need a sword! I need to poke something. I need to poke a spiderweb! I need to poke a spider!"

So now what? What do I say to that? Am I a bad mom for just laughing?

7 comments:

Pattie said...

Hey welcome home. What a cutie kids are so so funny sometimes

Royce said...

Wow how fast they grow up. Avril all ready knows how to keep momma's temper in line and knows what to do with mean spiders. Loved the stories keep up the good work and really love the pictures. give the girls a big hug for me.
love ya dad

Unknown said...

Those made me chuckle. She's so cute.

Jackie King said...

Avril is definitely you and Derek's daughter. As soon as I read that she wanted to stab something, I knew it. Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun. We finally made a blog. It's not as beautiful as yours, but at least I finally made one. Check it out sometime: jackieandtyler.blogspot.com

Breta said...

What level is her character now? Did she destroy the huge mother spider yet? Very impressive. WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO YOUR POOR CHILDREN?!

Melody said...

Are you sure Derek doesn't say that every night right before he puts the earphones on?
JK
Missing you...

Katherine said...

She is so hilarious. I love when you share the funny things she says with us. And you do it so well. Keep them coming.