Thursday, November 18, 2010

Soccer Fun

Derek's been playing soccer on Tuesdays at Tripler after work with some of the doctor's in family practice. He's been trying to convince me to come play for some time, and so I finally broke down and came out. 

Now keep in mind, I haven't played since... well, probably 2nd grade? And by playing I mean running around the field with a huge knot of kids until I got bored and decided to sit and pick clovers instead. 

So I had no expectations for any spectacular level of play from myself. Mostly run around and know who my team is. And if I kicked the ball, all the better! I had no shame, and it's a good thing, too. 

Anyway, after a few weeks of playing, I was enjoying it and improving my game, coming regularly and having fun getting to know people Derek works with. So we decided it might be worth it to snag me some cleats. After about two hours of soccer gear shopping, we came away with a little more than just cleats:



That's right, Holland and Spain soccer-stylin. I must say our game has improved since getting all decked out. Is it just the cleats--- or the whole outfit? I suppose we'll never know...

0 comments: