Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hawai'i FAQ

Yeah, yeah. I've been busy. Anyway, here's the promised FAQ.


Q. When do you move?

A. Derek's report date is June 7th. We will be moving that first week in June.

Q. How long will you be there?

A. Derek's residency is three years.

Q. Do you have housing set up?

A. Not yet. We're looking into getting temporary housing with the Army and looking for a home to (hopefully) buy (or possibly rent) when we're actually over there.

Q. How will you get all your stuff there?

A. The Army will take care of that for us! Yay! It will take about a month to get there, though, so we might as well stay in temporary *furnished* housing while we're there anyway.

Q. What about your cars?

A. Yeah.... we're needing to upgrade anyway, so if anyone out there's interested we're selling them before we go! I heard tell there are great car lots over there where military families buy and sell their cars very inexpensively.

Q. Can we come visit?

A. Absolutely! No, seriously, folks, we are planning on getting a home with a guest bedroom specifically for this purpose. We would love for anyone who wants to come out and see us. I mean, we're pretty cool people. I wouldn't blame you for wanting to fly out and see us. Hawai'i's pretty cool, too, I guess.

Q. Where will you live?

A. We're looking mostly in Kaneohe and Ewa Beach.

Well, those are all I can think of. If I didn't cover a question of yours, shoot it my way and I'll throw it up here.

2 comments:

Amanda Fetters said...

Awesome. I've been wondering about all this. We're still waiting on orders - I am so, so, SO crossing my fingers for HI. Nice banner, by the way.

the Roberts said...

Ryan is always thinking of ways to get us to move to Hawaii. As of now, he tells me he is planning on getting his masters at hawaii pacific university. We'll see about that, but if somehow I am convinced to do it, we will be looking you guys up. Will you be in kaneohe?