Monday, June 22, 2009

Playing in Cars

I was thinking the other day about how glad I was that I let my kids play in the car.

Sure, it's annoying that every time I get in, I have to turn off the blinker, the windshield wipers and the hot air that is on full blast.

Sure, they say it's not the safest thing to let kids play in cars. But the windows are down, my car doesn't have a trunk, so the suffocation thing isn't so much a risk.

Yeah, Avril does know where to put the keys, but as long as I'm cognizant of them in the car, how much harm can be done? Plus, our driveway slopes away from the road.

I was just thinking how nice it was that they would be in one place for a period of time and not running all around the house making me panic every 10 minutes thinking, "Oh, crap, where are they now? What are they into? Have they wandered off and drowned somewhere?" and other thoughts along those lines, when I glanced out the window fondly listening to their sweet laughter...

and saw Xandri- my two year old- perched on the roof of the car.

Maybe I'll listen to the experts after all.

4 comments:

Shelley Bowman said...

Look at you big commercial star!

Breta said...

Ha, ha. I wouldn't have expected that from Xandri. Nice climbing skills.

Melody said...

he he he :) She's a climber huh?
FAlling from a car isn't that bad. Ask Joren. He loves to do it.

Jill said...

The other day I let the kids play in the car, I took the keys out so they couldn't start it. They wanted to play alone so I sat with a book next to the car to read, and had the windows down so I could see in. Nothing can go wrong, right, wrong! When I was into my book they had quietly stuck coins in my CD player which now will not work :( I have hyper active climbers too, so I know what you mean!