Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving

Photobucket

And there's Thanksgiving.

The mushrooms were aMAZing... I found the recipe in a Better Homes & Gardens magazine, and then relocated it here. I actually substituted portabellos for shiitake mushrooms. I can't
say that we suffered for it!

The drinks were an amazing concoction put together by Cindy & Micaela (my sisters-in-law). Love the whole cups dipped in sugar thing. Very Mormon chic.

And my other favorite: the guys doing the clean-up.

Photobucket

And then after to burn off all those calories, nothing like a rousing game of volleyball, followed by some super competitive basketball, followed again by some oh-so-silly volleyball.
(It involved the boys "handicapping" themselves by only hitting the ball with their heads or kicking it. They did remarkably well. I was glad I was on their team heh...)

Photobucket

The kids obviously had a great time playing with their cousins, watching
movies, jumping on the trampoline (albeit very cold and unsteady little people),
sleeping and eating (Most of that was done by Roman...)

It was great being in Boise for the holiday and wonderful to see Weston one last time
before he left to the MTC (Missionary Training Center) to begin his mission to Kentucky.

Hopefully, there will be another post forthcoming about the other fun that was had over the weekend:
The Milktoast Memorial Magic Tournament
(Milktoast is Weston's nickname).
That's under Derek's jurisdiction, so you'll be hearing about that at his leisure.

1 comments:

Chu said...

Oh my gawsh, it's Tasheen used-to-be Jackson! I'm glad I found ya! Stop by my blog some time!

Julianna used-to-be Clark