Sunday, June 8, 2008

"Daddy, You're Losing Your Mind..."

NOTE: I originally began this post back in February, but I misplaced some vital info and didn't want to post without it. I recently found it, so enjoy!

We went to Columbia on Tuesday and met up with Andrew and Ruth for some delicious Mongolian grill at HuHots. It was amazingly delightful. My favorite feature of this grill is the fact that you don't have to fill your bowl to overflowing to get what you want... You get to go back as many times as you want and design as many delightful little dishes as you can imagine. Worth. It.

Anyway, after that we had a great time playing at Going Bonkers. Crap, that place was fun for Derek and I, not to mention the kids! You can check out pictures here, Gough's online album. I took a few, but I'm not using the compy they're on, so you get these. They have a better camera anyway... I'm seriously coveting it.

So on the ride home, we had an amazing conversation with Avril. It went something like this:


A: Mom, how will we ever go to HyVee?
T to D: I told her we were going shopping and she thought I meant HyVee."
A: Mom! We don't say 'shut up'!
T (surprised): I didn't, I said, 'shopping'.
A: No, you said 'shut up'!
D (enjoying the situation): Yeah, Mom, we don't say 'shut up'.
A (turning on D): Hey Daddy, Mom said shopping!!
D: Holy crap, Avril...
A (in tears): We don't say 'crap' Daddy.
D: I know Avril, there's not much we can say, is there? You're losing it, aren't you? You're hanging by a thread...
A (shouting): No, I'm NOT, DADDY! You're losing your mind!
D: Avril, you're going deaf. You're losing your hearing.
A: No, I'm not, it's stuck to my head!

2 comments:

Breta said...

I love reading Avril stories.

Isaac says it's a good thing he didn't have all the stupid things he said growing up posted on the internet for people to make fun of.

Melody said...

Paul and I were just rolling around on the floor after that one! Wow, she's good. I love how she turned on Derek. Ha!